Just like any appliance or gadget you buy, proper handling, care, and maintenance will extend its shelf life and make you feel that you maximized its use and your money. Not a lot of people are properly educated on how to do these things. A lack of knowledge is one of the main reasons why appliances break down all of a sudden.
People take maintenance for granted. They probably think that if the label says the lifespan of a product is five years, then it will probably last for 5 years without doing anything on your part. Even with a water heater, you still have to take care of it and make sure everything’s running smoothly, so if ever there is a problem you can cater to it right away.
Here are some tips that you can use to make the most out of your water heater:
- Schedule monthly maintenance check-ups for your water heater
- For those with storage heaters: Check the pressure of the tank, check the temperature of the water, and dispose of some of the water every other month.
- Replace Anode rods of storage heaters when you need to
- For those with solar powered heaters, contact your solar contractors for monthly maintenance check-ups
- Try to make a habit and use less hot water than usual
- Try buying and installing low-flow faucet and shower heads to be able to control further that outburst of water from your tank
- Always keep an open mind and think long term, a Solar Water Heater is one of the most efficient heaters today
- Try to stay in control of your temperature, lowering the thermostat can help reduce the bill
- Make sure to check for leaks all the time, these are like cancer and is better to find out early on
It is also good to know more about different options on how you can heat your water. In today’s world, there are different options we can use for energy consumption. Some of them are not as conventional as electricity, and we aren’t used to other forms of energy. But research is trying to tell us that looking into different resources can help us save money in the long run.
Here are some of the type of fuel we can use for energy to heat our waters:
- Fuel Oil
- Geothermal Energy
- Natural Gas
- Solar Energy
You may be considered lucky if you find out that you have more than one option available to generate energy. Now because of the options available, you will be able to compare and contrasts those options. Eventually, you will be able to see what kind of energy generator will lead you to more cost-efficient lifestyle. These are some of the factors that people are not aware of but can save you a good amount of money.